A little Poem written by Matthew Barnum
Twas the night before tax day and all the people headed back to their homeland, Joseph and Mary just arrived in Bethlehem, they found no room in the inn, to give birth to the baby within, yet Jesus was born in the lowest of places, were the animals would feed there faces, they wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid Him down in a manger to be, where the sheperds abiding did come and see, which were told from angels above, a Saviour was born to show God’s love.
1) And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2) (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
6) And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
10) And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
15) And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
Christmas isn’t about giving or receiving its about what God did and gave which is His only begotten Son Jesus to be born of a virgin and live a perfect life and eventually die on the cross that if we accept Him as our Savior we could get to heaven for more information click here.